Extensions or Add-ons are small software applications that customize and add functionalities to your browser. To learn more about extensions for Firefox, check this page.
Table of Contents
Why use a mask?
With an email mask, you can get a temporary and disposable email address that lets you register for websites or newsletters without exposing your personal information. It covers up your original email address to protect it from abuse, helping you keep your identity and your inbox safe from unwanted emails, scams, and data leaks. A masked email address cannot be traced back to the real address, making it a great option for when you sign up for something online or share your contact information with someone you don’t fully trust.
What does the extension do?
The Firefox Relay extension helps you automatically generate a mask when registering on a website by clicking the Firefox Relay icon that will appear in the email address field. Without the extension, you must go to your dashboard to generate your mask and copy and paste it manually.
Download and install the Firefox Relay extension
- Visit the Firefox Relay extension page.
- Click the Add to Firefox button.
- Click Add in the extensions installation panel.
- A success message will appear when the extension is properly installed. Click Okay to move forward.
- You will be redirected to the Firefox Relay home page where you can sign in or register.
- Once you sign in with your Mozilla account, you will be taken to the Firefox Relay dashboard, where you will be able to manage all your masks.
After completing the installation, the Firefox Relay icon will appear in the add-ons tray and email fields. Click the icon in the email field to generate a new mask or click the icon in the add-on tray to select from a list of suggested masks.
To learn more about how to use Firefox Relay, visit Create an email mask through Firefox Relay.