Phone masking allows you to choose a phone number mask to protect your real phone number. When you use a phone mask, you can easily receive and reply to calls and texts without revealing your actual phone number. This article will guide you through your first steps with Relay Phone Masking.
|When a text message is sent to your Relay number, it will forward to your true phone.
|When you reply to a forwarded message from your Relay number, Relay will forward your reply to the last number that texted you.
|When a call is made to your Relay number, it will forward to your true phone.
|Text & Call blocking
|You can use your Relay number dashboard to enable/disable your Relay number
How do I become a subscriber?
- Visit the Firefox Relay website to choose from the available plans and complete your purchase.
- After subscribing, visit your Firefox Relay dashboard and follow the steps below to verify your real phone number.
- Sign in to Firefox Relay with your Mozilla account.
- Click Phone Mask at the top right side of the screen.
- Select a new plan and click Upgrade Now.
- You’ll be taken to a payment screen with information about your current plan and the new plan you’re upgrading to. Proceed with the checkout.
After completing your payment, visit the Firefox Relay dashboard and follow the steps below to verify your phone number.
To verify your real phone number
- Visit the Firefox Relay website and sign in with your Mozilla account.
- Click Phone Masks in the top right corner. You’ll be taken to the verification screen.
- Enter your real phone number in the text field and click Send code. A verification code will be sent to the number you provided.
- Enter the code you received in the verification box and press Confirm my phone number.
- Congratulations! You have successfully confirmed your phone number.
To generate a phone mask
- After confirming your phone number, click Search for masks to generate a list of masks to choose from.
- Select a phone mask from the available options, or click Show me other options to generate more masks. To generate masks with a different area code, type in a different area code and press Enter.
- Once you’ve selected a mask from the list, click Register phone number mask.
- After selecting your phone mask a message will pop up on your screen. Press
- After you have registered your phone number Relay will send you a text with your contact card, this contains the number from which you will receive forwarded texts and calls.
For information about your phone mask, go to your Firefox Relay dashboard and click Phone Mask at the top right.