Firefox includes a Search bar on the New Tab page and an optional Search bar located to the right of the address bar. When you search the Web with Firefox, the Search history can grow quite large over time. This article explains how to clear items from your Firefox Search history.
- If you want to clear address bar search suggestions (other than Search history entries indicated by a clock icon), see Remove websites from the address bar suggestions.
- If you want to clear search terms on websites, see Control whether Firefox automatically fills in forms.
Clearing all search items
- Click the menu button, click
- In the dialog box that opens, choose
- Make sure that has a check mark next to it and remove check marks for any items you don't want to clear.
- Click the button to finish.
Clearing individual search items
To clear individual items from the Search bar history, click on the Search input field. Press the ↓ and ↑ keys to scroll the list of items. To delete the highlighted item, pressShift+Delete.