This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
New Tab will not open
i am trying 2 open a new tab in my internet page by all opinions i.e. goin 2 file -> new tab, and ctrl +T and simply clicking the + sign next my current window which is already open but these will not work, although they worked yesterday. although i dont have a problem when right clicking on something and opening a new tab. i tried looking through tools but i couldnt fix it
All Replies (7)
This issue can be caused by an extension or plugin that isn't working properly.
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Safe mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
I uninstalled Ask toolbar and the tabs started working again
I was having the same issue, and sure enough, uninstalling the ask toolbar solved my problem too.
I encountered the same issue...and after disabling the Pandora TV toolbar everything is working smoothly.....
I didn't have the Ask toolbar though....
The Foxit PDF toolbar also screws with the open new tab on Firefox, its weird as its intermittent and does not always cause the problem, i just disabled it anyway. It also seems to be affiliated with Ask.com
I uninstalled the crowdstar tool bar which contained the ask.com toolbar.. problem solved!! thanks for the tips..