Installing Pocket on Android
Viewing saved items saved to your Pocket
Working with your Saves
Switch between Saves and Archive at the top of the screen. Tap the overflow button (three vertical dots) on any item to open it and access the following actions: tag, mark as viewed or not viewed, archive or delete.
Opening Saved Items
When you open items in Pocket, they will open in Article View or View Original. Article View is Pocket’s signature reading mode, which strips out ads, sidebars, and other distracting content so you can read comfortably. You can also adjust your reading background and font, and even highlight passages that you want to remember. View Original allows you to open items and see them in their original format, as they appear if you opened them in a web browser. Click here to learn more about Article View and View Original.
What’s in the menu?
Swipe across the menu at the top of the screen (below Saves and Archive) to access:
- Search - search your List or Archive for items you've saved.
- Listen - have your saved article read out loud. Click here to learn more about listen.
- Favorites - You can mark any important item as a Favorite. The favorites list includes items from both your List and Archive. You can view your Favorites when you’re online.
- Bulk Edit - make changes to multiple items in your List at once.
- Tagged items - Tags make a great way to organize items in Pocket. Selecting a tag from the Tags menu will filter your List to only show items with that particular Tag. Click here to learn more about using Tags.
Tap Filter to re-sort and view the following items in your Saves or Archive:
- Sort by items viewed or not viewed.
- See newest and oldest saved items.
- See the shortest or longest items first.
Searching Your Saves
Tap the Search button to search for items you’ve saved in Pocket. All users can search for saved pages by their title and URL.