Read along this guideline to learn more about how you can take part in making a better experience for Firefox users in Android.
Table of Contents
Play Store is a public-facing channel. People turn to the reviews and app rating to decide whether or not to install an app. As a contributor, you will be replying under Mozilla's official name. Therefore, it’s important to keep that in mind when replying to reviews.
It’s important to also keep in mind that Google Play Store is not designed as a place to have a two-way conversation. Use your judgement here. If you think that the issue can be fixed in no longer than 350 characters, then go ahead and tell them how to resolve the issue. Otherwise, have the user to ask their question in the forum.
Some general rules for replying on the Play Store Support include:
- Please be compassionate, not evil.
- Please respect the Mozilla/Firefox brand. Keep in mind that you’ll be replying under Mozilla’s official brand name.
- Don’t be passive, rude, or disrespectful to anyone interacting with you on the Google Play Store platform while participating in the program.
- If you’ve seen too many harsh comments from the 1 and 2 star reviews, consider switching to the 3-5 star reviews to see more positive feedback. Otherwise, you can also use the opportunity to take a break. Your personal well-being is more important.
- Avoid political questions and controversial topics. It’s important to keep in mind that Google Play Store is a place to review a product, not the brand.
- Please be nice to one another and follow the same guidelines when working alongside the community as those mentioned in Mozilla Support rules and guidelines.
When answering Google Play Store reviews, you may find the following extensions useful:
- You can use bit.ly add-on (there’s also a web version) to shorten links, so you can save the character space. You will even get a mzl.la link if you’re using a Mozilla domain. See also: How to obtain a shortened mzl.la link.
- This will help make sure your answer is spelled correctly and has a positive tone.
- This allows you to split the screen so that you can see the review on one side and use the other half of the screen to do some research on the best possible response.
Getting help from the SUMO Community
If you get stuck on a difficult support question here are some places where you can connect with other community members and get help:
Complete Mobile Support guidelines
Go back to the Mobile Support guidelines to continue learn about mobile support contribution.