Relay is a Firefox extension that lets you keep your email address private when filling out online forms. It does this by creating an email mask and forwards messages to your real email address to keep it hidden from companies you don’t trust. You can even disable or delete the mask when you no longer need it.
Why use a mask?
- Prevent spam
- Protect your real email address from data breaches
- Protect your real email address from being sold or shared
Relay is free. All you’ll need is a Mozilla account and the Relay extension.
- Visit Relay
- Select the
to create your first email mask.
- Note: With Relay you can create up to 5 email masks.
- To forward your first email select the button
- You will get a success message, please check your email to confirm that you’ve received the forwarded email and then click
- To complete your onboarding click
- Congratulations! You’ve completed your onboarding. You will be able to see your mask in your Email mask dashboard.
Enable/disable Relay on online forms
When you have Relay activated, you’ll see an option to create an email mask, unless you've disabled it:
- Click the Firefox Relay icon in the toolbar. If you don't see the icon, click the extensions button and then click Relay.
- Click the settings icon at the top right corner of the panel.
- Click the switch next to Show Relay icon on email fields on websites to turn it on or off (green means it's on).
For more features, see Create an email mask through Firefox Relay and Disable email forwarding - Stop receiving emails sent through your masks.