The Save to Pocket extension for Google Chrome can be installed in Chromium-based web browsers like Brave, Opera, and Vivaldi. Follow the steps below to learn how to install and use Save to Pocket in these web browsers.
Table of Contents
To install Save to Pocket, please follow these steps:
- Open the Save to Pocket webpage in the Chrome Web Store. Brave, Opera, and Vivaldi are capable of using Chrome browser extensions.
- Click the blue button to start the installation process.
- A notification will appear displaying permissions. To finish the installation, click .
Adding the Save to Pocket extension button to Your toolbar
If Save to Pocket isn't added to your toolbar automatically, you can manually enable the save button. Follow these steps:
- In the toolbar to the right of the address bar, click the extension icon.
- Look for "Save to Pocket" and click the pin icon to add it to your toolbar.
Saving to Pocket
You can save to Pocket in your browser in several ways:
- Clicking on the Pocket button in your toolbar.
- Right-clicking and selecting in the context menu.
- Using a keyboard shortcut.
When you're viewing a page that you'd like to save to Pocket, simply click the Pocket toolbar button. Below are examples of how the Pocket save button looks in each browser:
Save to Pocket installed in Brave
Save to Pocket button in Opera
Save to Pocket button in Vivaldi
Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcuts. You can visit themenu to create a custom shortcut. After saving, you'll be notified that the page has been saved, and from there, you can add Tags, Undo Save, view your List, and access the Extension's settings.
Finally, you can save a link that you see on a web page without opening it first. To do this, right-click on the link and select.
After saving, you can take various actions on the item that was just saved.
To add Tags, type tag names into the text box and press Enter. Your tag will be saved automatically. You can also keep typing to add additional tags. Hit Enter again to dismiss the popup.
If you subscribe to Pocket Premium, you will see a list of suggested tags when adding them to a save. These tags are suggested automatically based on Tags you've added to your account.
Customizing your experience
You can customize the Pocket for Chrome extension to suit your needs, including changing the keyboard shortcut. To do so, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Pocket icon and select .
- After saving, hover your mouse over the Menu button (•••) and then click .
- Open your Extensions list, find the Save to Pocket extension, and click the link.
To set or change your keyboard shortcut:
- Right-click on the Pocket toolbar button, and then select .
- Click . A new tab will open with a list of available shortcuts.
- Locate "Save to Pocket", then create your shortcut in the corresponding text box.
Uninstalling the Save to Pocket extension
To uninstall Save to Pocket, follow these steps:
- Open Save to Pocket in your extensions menu and click
- You can also visit the Chrome Web Store listing and click .