Firefox for Android version 118 introduces a convenient in-browser print function that allows you to print web content and PDFs directly from your mobile device. This article will guide you through the process of using this new feature and provide some essential information about it.
Access the Print Function
- Tap the three-dot menu icon on the right side of the address bar when viewing a webpage or in Reader View.
- Scroll down the menu options.
Print Web Content and PDFs
The in-browser print function in Firefox for Android supports printing both regular web content and PDF files. Whether you want to print an article you've found online or a PDF document you've opened, this feature has you covered.
Use the Android Print Spooler
Once you initiate the print process, you'll be directed to the Android Print Spooler, which is a default system print dialog for Android. In this dialog, you can customize various print settings to suit your needs. Here are the options available:
- Pick a Printer: Choose from the list of installed printers, select the pseudo printer, or add a new printer if needed.
- Number of Copies: Specify how many copies of the content you want to print.
- Color: Select whether you want to print in color or grayscale.
- Two-Sided: Enable or disable two-sided printing if your printer supports it.
- Paper Size: Choose the paper size that matches your printer or your preferences.
- Orientation: Set the page orientation to either portrait or landscape.
- Pages to Print: Select specific pages or a range of pages to print from the document.
Exit Print Preview
If you want to exit the print preview and return to the browser, you have two options:
- Use the Android back button.
- Swipe the page from left to right to unwind back into Firefox.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if the Android Print Spooler doesn't detect my printer?
If your printer is not detected, ensure that it is properly connected to your Android device and that it is compatible with mobile printing. You may also need to install printer-specific apps or drivers on your Android device.
Why is the print preview taking a long time to load for a larger page?
A larger page with extensive content may take longer to render in the print preview. During this time, the user interface will indicate that it is loading. Be patient while it prepares the content for printing.