The File Edit View History Bookmarks Tools Help Menu bar in Firefox is hidden by default. It's also missing when Firefox is in full screen mode or if the file storing your toolbar information has become corrupt. We'll show you how to fix each of these. If the Firefox Menu bar is missing, it is usually because Firefox is in full screen mode, or it is not the selected application. We'll show you how to fix these.
Table of Contents
Show the Menu bar
To always show the Menu bar:
- Right-click an empty area of the Tab bar at the top of the Firefox window and click .
- Click the menu button The image "Fx89MenuButton" does not exist., click
- A new Customize Firefox tab will open.
- Click to save your changes.
Turn off full screen mode
Here's how to turn off full screen mode, so you can see the Menu bar again.
- Click the menu button The image "Fx89MenuButton" does not exist. on the right side of the toolbar.
- Click the full screen button in the list of menu items.
Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut command + Shift + FF11 to switch between full screen and normal mode. On some computers you may need to press fn + F11.
Firefox is not the selected application
Your Mac will always display the Menu bar for the program that's currently selected. Look at the name next to the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen. If it doesn't say Firefox, click anywhere on the Firefox window to select it again.
Fix corrupted toolbars and controls
If the file storing your toolbar information has become corrupt, you can use the Refresh Firefox feature to restore the default toolbar settings and controls. See Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings.