Table of Contents
Check for new versions of your add-ons
Firefox checks for new versions of your add-ons once a day and updates them automatically. You can manually check for new versions at any time.
- Click on the menu button The image "fx89menuButton" does not exist. to expand the menu panel.
- Click . The Add-ons Manager page will open.
- Click on the Add-ons Manager page and select . If Firefox finds updates, they will be downloaded automatically.
- Click or restart Firefox to complete the update.
Search for updates on the add-on's website
Some add-on authors have different versions of their add-on for different versions of Firefox, so updating through the Add-on Manager doesn't work. In this case, an update might be available on the add-on's website.
- In the Add-ons Manager, find the incompatible add-on on the list.
- Click the ellipsis (3-dot) icon and select to see details about that add-on.
- Click on the link next to Homepage. You will be taken to the home page for that add-on.
- Download the latest version of the add-on from the add-on home page.
Search for alternatives
There may be other add-ons with similar features that are compatible with your version of Firefox. The Add-ons site is a good place to find alternatives.