Firefox Relay is a service that allows users to create email masks to hide their true email address and is available as an extension in Firefox for Android. These email masks can be used on websites that require email registration, allowing users to protect their primary email address from spam and unwanted messages.
To install Relay in Firefox for Android
- Open Firefox on your Android device.
- Tap the three-dot menu button in the right corner of the screen.
- Tap .
- Search for Relay in the list of available extensions.
- Select the Relay extension from the results and tap the + icon to begin the installation process.
- A pop-up will appear asking to confirm the installation. Tap to confirm and continue.
To use Relay in Firefox for Android
After installing the extension, follow these steps to sign up or sign in and start generating masks:
- Tap the tabs icon in the right corner of the screen.
- Select the Relay tab and then follow the instructions on the screen to log in with your Mozilla account (or to create an account if you don’t have one).
Once signed in, you will be taken to the Relay dashboard. Here, you can manually create and manage your email masks. Tap the bluebutton to create a mask from your dashboard.
A Relay icon will now be displayed on email fields. Simply tap the icon to either generate a new or reuse an existing email mask.