When you sign up for a Mozilla account, we will send you a 6-digit confirmation code, to verify that you own the email address connected to the account. We will also send you an email to confirm your account if your sign in is blocked for security reasons. If you're having issues confirming your account, try these common solutions.
- For other Mozilla account issues, see I'm having problems with my Mozilla account.
Table of Contents
I haven't received an email to confirm my account
The Mozilla account confirmation code email can take a few minutes to get to your inbox. If you haven't received the email after a reasonable time period:
- Try to access your email from the webmail client, not your email software.
- Spam filters might also prevent it from reaching the right mail folder. If you've already waited a few minutes and refreshed your inbox, check your junk mail or spam folder to see if your confirmation email ended up there.
If you still don't receive the Mozilla account confirmation email after trying the preceding steps, a strong spam filter might have prevented it from reaching you at all. Try adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of allowed senders to keep your email provider from blocking the email. You can then re-enter the information on the Mozilla account signup page, or click the Need another code? Resend link on the page to enter a 6-digit confirmation code, to receive another email.
I entered the code but my account still isn't verified
If your account is still showing up as unverified , it's likely that our accounts server hasn't communicated with your browser yet. Your browser will check your status with the server periodically.
An email was returned
You have received an email was returned message:
- Please check to make sure in your email settings that the email@example.com email is not flagged as spam.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. This will make it a trusted email.
- If you have tried all of the above, do not try to do this again until 24 hours have gone by, or else your account will be locked.
Your Mozilla Account has been locked
You have received a message that your account has been locked: Sorry. We’ve locked your account. The confirmation email we sent to xxx@xxx was returned and we’ve locked your account to protect your Firefox data.
First wait at least 24 hours and then try again. If you’re still unable to sign in, contact us through this link.
If you no longer have access to the email account, you will need to create another Mozilla account with a working email address.
Still need help?
If you've tried the steps above and you're still unable to sign in, send a message to our support team.Contact Support