This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
This process was created for add-on extension developers and advanced users who are interested in testing for compatibility. Installing untested add-ons can lead to unexpected outcomes; please be careful about the add-ons you install. Also, since most add-on developers have not been able to test and optimize their add-ons for the new Android experience, please be aware that some features may not work the way you expect.
Follow these instructions to create a collection on https://addons.mozilla.org/. You can name the collection whatever you like, as long as it does not contain any spaces in the name. When you are creating your collection, you will see a number in the Custom URL field. This number is your user ID. You will need the collection name and user ID to configure Firefox for Android Beta or Nightly in the following steps.
Once your collection has been created, you can add add-ons to it. Note that you will only be able to add add-ons that are listed on https://addons.mozilla.org/. You can edit this collection at any time.
You will need to install Firefox for Android Beta or Nightly from the Google Play Store and make a one-time change to the advanced settings to enable extended add-on installation.
- Tap on the three dot menu and select .
- Tap on .
- Tap the Firefox Nightly logo five times until the “Debug menu enabled” notification appears.
- Navigate back to . You will now see a new entry for “Custom Add-on collection.” Once a custom add-on collection has been set up, this menu item will always be visible.
- Configure your custom add-on collection. Use your user ID and the collection name from AMO for the Collection Owner (User ID) and Collection name fields, respectively.
- After you tap , the application will close and restart.
Please note that some add-ons may have unresolved issues or may not work at all in Firefox for Android Beta or Nightly.