If you are encountering problems with policies not applying, this article will help you figure out the problem. It involves turning on debug mode for the policies. Here are the steps:
- Type about:config in the address bar and press EnterReturn.
A warning page may appear. Click to go to the about:config page.
browser.policies.loglevelin the Search field.
- In the box below, choose String and click the button at the end of the line.
debugin the text field that appears.
- Click the checkmark at the end of the line.
- Restart Firefox.
- Open up the Browser Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (or Command + Shift + J on Mac).
- You should see additional debugging information about policies in the console.Don't forget to remove the preference when you are done.
Starting with Firefox 63, you can go to the about:policies page, and it will show the status of policies and any errors associated with them.