SUMO community discussions

Welcome new contributors and Introduce Yourself!

1. New contributors! I am happy that you have found the introduce yourself thread!

I would like to encourage you to find the "New Contributors" forum for the latest group of new users while we wait to update the welcome email for users that have made their first contribution.

Thank you! (and apologies for all the redirects) <3 Guigs - Community Manager

_______________Edit 9/20/18^_________________ Your username on the forums and irc (if different)

What you do on SUMO or what you'd like to do

Why/how you got started with SUMO

Something interesting about yourself. (optional)

Your timezone/location (optional)

Buddy Progamme: We have recently launched the Buddy Progamme. If you are a new contributor, you can have a buddy assigned to you who is a SUMO veteran. The buddy will be your point of contact if you have any issues.

The Buddy Progamme: Read the KB for full details.

New contributors! I am happy that you have found the introduce yourself thread! I would like to encourage you to find the "New Contributors" forum for the latest group of new users while we wait to update the welcome email for users that have made their first contribution. *[https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/buddies/710681?last=74057 Read this to find out how to get involved in the New contributors thread] *[https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/buddies Then post here to Say Hello! Mention what motivates you and what you are interested in helping in!] Thank you! (and apologies for all the redirects) <3 Guigs - Community Manager _______________Edit 9/20/18^_________________ Your username on the forums and irc (if different) What you do on SUMO or what you'd like to do Why/how you got started with SUMO Something interesting about yourself. (optional) Your timezone/location (optional) '''Buddy Progamme''': We have recently launched the Buddy Progamme. If you are a new contributor, you can have a buddy assigned to you who is a SUMO veteran. The buddy will be your point of contact if you have any issues. [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/help-new-contributors-buddy-program The Buddy Progamme]: Read the KB for full details.

Modified by guigs on

2. Hi! I'm David Weir or satdav. I am a contributor, a reviewer of knowledgebase articles and has contributed with Mozilla since 2009. I got started by using the Firefox browser because of it's pledge to be "open". Something interesting about myself is that I am over 6 foot high. Oh, and did I mention I reside in the UK?

Hi! I'm David Weir or satdav. I am a contributor, a reviewer of knowledgebase articles and has contributed with Mozilla since 2009. I got started by using the Firefox browser because of it's pledge to be "open". Something interesting about myself is that I am over 6 foot high. Oh, and did I mention I reside in the UK?

Modified by David (satdav) on

3. Hello everybody. I'm feer56, known as Andrew, but you all knew that! ;) I am a contributor of the support forum and AoA! I am also a KB reviewer! I got started with SUMO by using Firefox and encountering issues. I am located in Edmonton, Canada "eh" ;)

Hello everybody. I'm feer56, known as Andrew, but you all knew that! ;) I am a contributor of the support forum and AoA! I am also a KB reviewer! I got started with SUMO by using Firefox and encountering issues. I am located in Edmonton, Canada "eh" ;)
  4. Hi, I am ashickurnoor, IRC ashickur-noor. I am a KB localizer and a awesome contributor of AoA :) . I do KB localization because majority of our local people don't know English well. Even most of the people are living on the rural area. So KB localization helps them to solve there problems. Thats why I started SuMo. To help my local people. I am lazy person, it is the most interesting thing about me for last few year :P . Time zone: UTC + 6:00, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Hi, I am ashickurnoor, IRC ashickur-noor. I am a KB localizer and a awesome contributor of AoA :) . I do KB localization because majority of our local people don't know English well. Even most of the people are living on the rural area. So KB localization helps them to solve there problems. Thats why I started SuMo. To help my local people. I am lazy person, it is the most interesting thing about me for last few year :P . Time zone: UTC + 6:00, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
  5. ashickurnoor, I don't think we've "met" before -- appreciate your presentation! Interesting to learn more about the English language limitation where you live. It really makes your work localizing support into Bangla so important.

feer56, satdav: thanks for continuing to be awesome. Oh, and satdav, I'm 194cm tall. Do I win? ;)

ashickurnoor, I don't think we've "met" before -- appreciate your presentation! Interesting to learn more about the English language limitation where you live. It really makes your work localizing support into Bangla so important. feer56, satdav: thanks for continuing to be awesome. Oh, and satdav, I'm 194cm tall. Do I win? ;)
  6. djst said

ashickurnoor, I don't think we've "met" before -- appreciate your presentation! Interesting to learn more about the English language limitation where you live. It really makes your work localizing support into Bangla so important.

Nope, we have not meet before. Thanks for your appreciation.

''djst [[#post-50458|said]]'' <blockquote> ashickurnoor, I don't think we've "met" before -- appreciate your presentation! Interesting to learn more about the English language limitation where you live. It really makes your work localizing support into Bangla so important. </blockquote> Nope, we have not meet before. Thanks for your appreciation.
  7. Hi, I'm Jayakumar from India. IRC - iamjayakumars. I'm contributor of Support Forum, Army of Awesome and Mozilla locamotion :) I'm Nightly user and attended few test-days. few times i worked in Webmaker and Popcorn Maker. Now started writing KB for Firefox OS. Time Zone : UTC +5.30

Hi, I'm Jayakumar from India. IRC - iamjayakumars. I'm contributor of Support Forum, Army of Awesome and Mozilla locamotion :) I'm Nightly user and attended few test-days. few times i worked in Webmaker and Popcorn Maker. Now started writing KB for Firefox OS. Time Zone : UTC +5.30
  8. Swarnava Sengupta
    IRC- Swarnava
    do qa, sumo, l10n, marketing
    Kaspersky lab gold beta tester and localization mantainer of several firefox addon like noscript, ABP and utorrent :)
    i read in class 12 and this is the final year of school :)
    Time Zone : UTC+5:30 , Kolkata, WB, India

Swarnava Sengupta <br> IRC- Swarnava<br> do qa, sumo, l10n, marketing <br> Kaspersky lab gold beta tester and localization mantainer of several firefox addon like noscript, ABP and utorrent :)<br> i read in class 12 and this is the final year of school :)<br> Time Zone : UTC+5:30 , Kolkata, WB, India

Modified by Swarnava Sengupta on

9. Hello All, I am navneetsingh, IRC : ns0693, a very newbie to contributors forum. I am currently contirbuting in Army of Awesome, since 5 Jan 2013. I wish to contribute to Mozilla in forums on large and want to become a Mozilla Rep. I would love to spread knowledge about Mozilla and its mission in local region by organising many events. I am not very good at programming but i will continue my efforts till i contribute in developer communities. Time Zone : UTC+5:30 , Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India

Hello All, I am navneetsingh, IRC : ns0693, a very newbie to contributors forum. I am currently contirbuting in Army of Awesome, since 5 Jan 2013. I wish to contribute to Mozilla in forums on large and want to become a Mozilla Rep. I would love to spread knowledge about Mozilla and its mission in local region by organising many events. I am not very good at programming but i will continue my efforts till i contribute in developer communities. Time Zone : UTC+5:30 , Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
  10. I'm from Middletown NJ USA and I contribute to the Knowledge Base and support forum, both here and at MozillaZine, as you can see from my profile page. I've been at SUMO from the beginning (I'm user 11!) . I got started at SUMO by helping to migrate the MozillaZine KB to SUMO.

I'm from Middletown NJ USA and I contribute to the Knowledge Base and support forum, both here and at [http://mozillazine.org MozillaZine], as you can see from [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/user/11 my profile page]. I've been at SUMO from the beginning (I'm user 11!) . I got started at SUMO by helping to migrate the MozillaZine KB to SUMO.

Modified by AliceWyman on

11. satdav said

Your username on the forums and irc (if different) What you do on SUMO or what you'd like to do Why/how you got started with SUMO Something interesting about yourself. (optional) Your timezone/location (optional)

tmcmeece

I joined because I built my first website using Netscape, now Firefox is my most reliable, fastest and most-used browser of choice. I don't know what I am doing here. there are so many options. I am slightly overwhelmed. I have written all of my life and been published online and off. I wouldn't have been able to do that without Mozilla's having given me a leg up. I am writing this from my smart phone, in W. Richland, Wa, USA

''satdav [[#post-50448|said]]'' <blockquote> Your username on the forums and irc (if different) What you do on SUMO or what you'd like to do Why/how you got started with SUMO Something interesting about yourself. (optional) Your timezone/location (optional) </blockquote> tmcmeece I joined because I built my first website using Netscape, now Firefox is my most reliable, fastest and most-used browser of choice. I don't know what I am doing here. there are so many options. I am slightly overwhelmed. I have written all of my life and been published online and off. I wouldn't have been able to do that without Mozilla's having given me a leg up. I am writing this from my smart phone, in W. Richland, Wa, USA
  12. Hi tmcmeece!

Welcome to SUMO! Let us help you to find a good area of contribution, tell us a bit about your interests and skills.

If you are a writer the KB would be a great place for you to contribute :)

Here's how to get started in the Knowledge Base

Let us know if you any other questions, we can help you :)

Regards,

Rosana

Hi tmcmeece! Welcome to SUMO! Let us help you to find a good area of contribution, tell us a bit about your interests and skills. If you are a writer the KB would be a great place for you to contribute :) [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/improve-knowledge-base Here's how to get started in the Knowledge Base] Let us know if you any other questions, we can help you :) Regards, Rosana
  13. I am michelleluna on IRC and mluna on SUMO. I am an admin leading KB for Firefox OS, formerly working on Firefox for Android. So, mobile is my area, for the support forum also. I live in San Francisco with my husband and 2.5 year-old son. Great to meet you all, I'm always happy to hear your questions and comments about mobile support and how to make it great!

I am michelleluna on IRC and mluna on SUMO. I am an admin leading KB for Firefox OS, formerly working on Firefox for Android. So, mobile is my area, for the support forum also. I live in San Francisco with my husband and 2.5 year-old son. Great to meet you all, I'm always happy to hear your questions and comments about mobile support and how to make it great!
  14. Hi I am John99

I answer questions on Sumo, and make occasional KB edits. I am going to get more involved with Firefox on Android and Firefox OS, as I think that is going to be the future of Firefox.

Firefox is open source which I like, and I started as I became aware questions were remaining unanswered that I could answer.

UK near Liverpool
    we still call the time zone GMT which is within a second of UTC

(Probably better taken to another thread if anyone wishes to follow up)

Incidentally this forum lists the time for me as BST it gives the correct time (UTC/GMT) but BST is our Summer Daylight Saving time and an hour different, this is I believe the first year the forum displays local times. I trust it will cope with the changes in Summer ?
    ( It is still Winter here)

Hi I am John99 I answer questions on Sumo, and make occasional KB edits. I am going to get more involved with Firefox on Android and Firefox OS, as I think that is going to be the future of Firefox. Firefox is open source which I like, and I started as I became aware questions were remaining unanswered that I could answer. UK near Liverpool <br />we still call the time zone [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_Mean_Time GMT] which is within a second of [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC UTC] ---------------------- (Probably better taken to another thread if anyone wishes to follow up) Incidentally this forum lists the time for me as [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Summer_Time BST] it gives the correct time (UTC/GMT) but B'''S'''T is our '''S'''ummer Daylight Saving time and an hour different, this is I believe the first year the forum displays local times. I trust it will cope with the changes in Summer ? <br />( It is still [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter Winter] here)
  15. Hi, I am roshan4074. I was introduced to technical writing lately, however also discovered that not too many beginners were able to make a career in it without prior experience. Hence wasn't getting a breakthrough. I was told about Open Source contribution by few office colleagues. FInally i came across Mozilla SUMO!!!! I would like to contribute in any and every possible way in technical writing. I am presently learning DevOps practices. Timezome GMT+0530 from India

Hi, I am roshan4074. I was introduced to technical writing lately, however also discovered that not too many beginners were able to make a career in it without prior experience. Hence wasn't getting a breakthrough. I was told about Open Source contribution by few office colleagues. FInally i came across '''Mozilla SUMO'''!!!! I would like to contribute in any and every possible way in technical writing. I am presently learning DevOps practices. Timezome GMT+0530 from India
  16. Hi Roshan,
    Welcome on board.

In your case possibly a good thing to do first of all is to look at

1. technical writing program
    2. Documentation Workshop #1 - Research
      /forums/knowledge-base-articles/708910
    3. maybe PM Michael /messages/new?to=Verdi

If you are still trying to find your way around this site other useful links could be

Before it sinks out of view note anyone looking for other new contributors there is a previous thread
    Then in /forums/off-topic there is a long open thread Introduce yourself!

Hi Roshan, <br /> Welcome on board. In your case possibly a good thing to do first of all is to look at # [[technical writing program]] # Documentation Workshop #1 - Research <br /> [/forums/knowledge-base-articles/708910] # maybe PM Michael [/messages/new?to=Verdi] If you are still trying to find your way around this site other useful links could be * KB Dashboard [/contributors] (Lists articles views & updates) * [[contributor news & resources]] * [[localize firefox help]] & [/groups] ---------------- Before it sinks out of view note anyone looking for other new contributors there is a previous [/forums/contributors/708197 thread]<br /> Then in [/forums/off-topic] there is a long open thread [/forums/off-topic/271607 Introduce yourself!]

Modified by John99 on

17. Thanks!! John, I have PMed Michael. Waiting for his reply. Also have read all the posts you mentioned. Thanks a lot!!!

Thanks!! John, I have PMed Michael. Waiting for his reply. Also have read all the posts you mentioned. Thanks a lot!!!
  18. I'm FireChemist both in forums and IRC.

I contribute by answering questions on the forums and on Twitter.

I got started with SUMO when I particpated in a SUMO Questions Day Event in QMO. I also help out with the Desktop and Web QA teams over there.

Not sure how I can help out here. Anything interesting besides answering questions? :D

I'm FireChemist both in forums and IRC. I contribute by answering questions on the forums and on Twitter. I got started with SUMO when I particpated in a SUMO Questions Day Event in QMO. I also help out with the Desktop and Web QA teams over there. Not sure how I can help out here. Anything interesting besides answering questions? :D
  19. Hi Firechemist.

We're currently starting up a Buddy program which will help streamline the new contributor process. If you're interested, check out the thread.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/contributors/708863

Hi Firechemist. We're currently starting up a Buddy program which will help streamline the new contributor process. If you're interested, check out the thread. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/contributors/708863
  20. Hi ho... I am Shirakon

I am a new user so haven't contributed a thing, as yet. Want to be able to get help on things and help others.

I prefer firefox over other browsers and am interested in its workings.

hehe... 60+ single female, lower mainland of BC Canada, "eh".... have varied interests but love photography and scouring thrift stores to find bargains and/or treasures..

US Pacific. Vancouver, BC, Canada

Hi ho... I am Shirakon I am a new user so haven't contributed a thing, as yet. Want to be able to get help on things and help others. I prefer firefox over other browsers and am interested in its workings. hehe... 60+ single female, lower mainland of BC Canada, "eh".... have varied interests but love photography and scouring thrift stores to find bargains and/or treasures.. US Pacific. Vancouver, BC, Canada

Modified by Sharon on

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 67