Off Topic

Introduce yourself!

1. So, in the interests of building a community and learning a little about everyone who contributes to the SUMO project, let's have a little introduction thread.

Some info that may be interesting/useful to provide:

• Your username on IRC or LiveChat (if different from your username here)
    • What you do on SUMO or what you'd like to do
    • Why/how you got started with SUMO
    • Your timezone/location (optional)
    • One cool fact about yourself (optional)
    So, in the interests of building a community and learning a little about everyone who contributes to the SUMO project, let's have a little introduction thread. Some info that may be interesting/useful to provide: * Your username on IRC or LiveChat (if different from your username here) * What you do on SUMO or what you'd like to do * Why/how you got started with SUMO * Your timezone/location (optional) * One cool fact about yourself (optional)

Modified by Cheng Wang on

2. I'll start:

I'm Cww, and I go by Cww everywhere in the Mozilla community (IRC, LiveChat). I am a SUMO admin and I am in charge of the weekly issue metrics, Support Firefox Days as well as maintaining sumobot, the bot that answers questions on the #sumo channel. I got started with SUMO about a year ago because I really enjoy helping people and troubleshooting and quite frankly, it was a ton of fun! Now I'm an addict.

I'm in the Pacific time zone (GMT-8 normally, GMT -7 during the summer) and I live in Mountain View, CA. That said, I sleep really odd hours so just ping me and see if I answer.

I suppose the one thing people don't realize about me at first is that I'm actually trained as a biochemical engineer so I'm just as comfortable in the world of genes, DNA, proteins and viruses as I am answering Firefox questions. I prefer typing to labwork though.

There you have it! A quick bio about me, now it's your turn.

I'll start: I'm Cww, and I go by Cww everywhere in the Mozilla community (IRC, LiveChat). I am a SUMO admin and I am in charge of the [[Weekly common issues|weekly issue metrics]], [[Support Firefox Day|Support Firefox Days]] as well as maintaining sumobot, the bot that answers questions on the [https://www.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mozilla.org&channel=%23sumo #sumo] channel. I got started with SUMO about a year ago because I really enjoy helping people and troubleshooting and quite frankly, it was a ton of fun! Now I'm an addict. I'm in the Pacific time zone (GMT-8 normally, GMT -7 during the summer) and I live in Mountain View, CA. That said, I sleep really odd hours so just ping me and see if I answer. I suppose the one thing people don't realize about me at first is that I'm actually trained as a biochemical engineer so I'm just as comfortable in the world of genes, DNA, proteins and viruses as I am answering Firefox questions. I prefer typing to labwork though. There you have it! A quick bio about me, now it's your turn.

Modified by Cheng Wang on

3. hi... I've just downloaded the latest Mozilla & it's so amazing that other applications are noticeably faster, even... I guest it's the new memory management.... really amazing...

hi... I've just downloaded the latest Mozilla & it's so amazing that other applications are noticeably faster, even... I guest it's the new memory management.... really amazing...

Modified by macanudokiosko on

4. I am Moon Shah From India. I m using mozilla & found much better than explorer. Thanks For This Great Browser. My Live & Yahoo Id Is: syedhurabbas I am web designer & i have a Gr8 Obama Jokes & Funny Pics Love Poetry Political Humor Site.

Removed spamish link. -T
    I am Moon Shah From India. I m using mozilla & found much better than explorer. Thanks For This Great Browser. My Live & Yahoo Id Is: syedhurabbas I am web designer & i have a Gr8 Obama Jokes & Funny Pics Love Poetry Political Humor Site. <blockquote>Removed spamish link. -T</blockquote>

Modified by mobixone on

5. I'm known as Cult Killer almost everywhere I go, I'm not too techy but I understand basic problems and I can give out solutions very fast if there within my range.

Moderator edit: Removed advertising
    ) C-K
    I'm known as Cult Killer almost everywhere I go, I'm not too techy but I understand basic problems and I can give out solutions very fast if there within my range. <blockquote>Moderator edit: Removed advertising</blockquote> ;) C-K

Modified by Cult-Killer on

6. Hi,

I am an avid contributor here at SUMO especially on Live Chat, but I am also active here in the forums and in updating the KB. I got started with SUMO only a few months back because I LOVE Firefox and wanted to help others with it. It was a great choice about myself. I am located in New Jersey, hence the Eastern time zone (GMT -4).

Hope to hear from you in Live Chat and the forums!

-CL58

Hi, I am an avid contributor here at SUMO especially on Live Chat, but I am also active here in the forums and in updating the KB. I got started with SUMO only a few months back because I LOVE Firefox and wanted to help others with it. It was a great choice about myself. I am located in New Jersey, hence the Eastern time zone (GMT -4). Hope to hear from you in Live Chat and the forums! -CL58
  7. I am li,junjie From Shanghai of china I m using mozilla & found much better than microsoft explorer. Thanks For This Great building and yours My internet Id Is: li173747588 Thank you

I am li,junjie From Shanghai of china I m using mozilla & found much better than microsoft explorer. Thanks For This Great building and yours My internet Id Is: li173747588 Thank you

Modified by li173747588 on

8. Hello, I'm sneed. You may know me from such forums as... nvrmnd. One suggestion. Once downloading a file, please, make it so the taskbar will still autohide without closing the download manager.

BTW, i am the original smurf.

Hello, I'm sneed. You may know me from such forums as... nvrmnd. One suggestion. Once downloading a file, please, make it so the taskbar will still autohide without closing the download manager. BTW, i am the original smurf.

Modified by sneed on

9. sneed: Hey! hendrix.mozilla.org is the place for feedback :)

sneed: Hey! hendrix.mozilla.org is the place for feedback :)

Modified by TMZ on

10. Sneed:

Here is the Mozilla Feedback in a URL (just to make your life simpler)

Hendrix

Sneed: Here is the Mozilla Feedback in a URL (just to make your life simpler) [http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Hendrix]
  11. hmm, i guess i can't change my post.

hmm, i guess i can't change my post.

Modified by sneed on

12. Hi this is apporv

I've just downloaded the latest Mozilla ... really amazing...

Moderator edit: Spam link edited out. -T
    Hi this is apporv I've just downloaded the latest Mozilla ... really amazing... <blockquote>Moderator edit: Spam link edited out. -T</blockquote>

Modified by apporv on

13. Hi Im from Las Vegas Photographer I love Mozilla Firefox, specially the plug-ins supported

Hi Im from Las Vegas Photographer I love Mozilla Firefox, specially the plug-ins supported

Modified by mgstudio99 on

14. hi there! my name is Glenda Jazz. Just switched to Firefox from IE coz it is a lot faster and easier to use rather than IE.

People. Please stop posting links to your websites. The description clearly states "Absolutely no advertising!" Edited out spammish link.
    hi there! my name is Glenda Jazz. Just switched to Firefox from IE coz it is a lot faster and easier to use rather than IE. <blockquote>People. Please stop posting links to your websites. The description clearly states "Absolutely no advertising!" Edited out spammish link.</blockquote>

Modified by gjazz35 on

15. Greetings!!! Because I've been using Firefox as far back as I can remember, I thought that it would be beneficial for the community if I jumped in to give some of my answers :].

I live in Salzburg, Österreich (Austria), so my time zone is UTC+1, however I am currently in the US working.

I'm a novice web-developer, learning what I can on my free time but planning on attending a university next year!

Greetings!!! Because I've been using Firefox as far back as I can remember, I thought that it would be beneficial for the community if I jumped in to give some of my answers :]. I live in Salzburg, Österreich (Austria), so my time zone is UTC+1, however I am currently in the US working. I'm a novice web-developer, learning what I can on my free time but planning on attending a university next year!

Modified by dawt on

16. Hi again: if anyone sees a Penelope 7 floating around with an unfinished letter; it was me. Hit a wrong key and that was the end of me. I would be very interested in knowing what SUMO even is and may be way out of my depth here. Basically, I was looking for a political arena and people who aren't afraid to speak out. I live just north of San Francisco and am retired from real estate (over 30 years) My husband, Norm, was with Bechtel for 21 years till they yanked all the big jobs from under him and went to smaller firms, one of which was in Hawaii (10 years) doing foundations for large hotels. Anyone want to talk about what a jerk Obama is; let me know! Penelope7

Hi again: if anyone sees a Penelope 7 floating around with an unfinished letter; it was me. Hit a wrong key and that was the end of me. I would be very interested in knowing what SUMO even is and may be way out of my depth here. Basically, I was looking for a political arena and people who aren't afraid to speak out. I live just north of San Francisco and am retired from real estate (over 30 years) My husband, Norm, was with Bechtel for 21 years till they yanked all the big jobs from under him and went to smaller firms, one of which was in Hawaii (10 years) doing foundations for large hotels. Anyone want to talk about what a jerk Obama is; let me know! Penelope7

Modified by penelope7 on

17. Hola! I'm Shawn from New Jersey :) I help with forums and chat. I'm an IRC addict (FF4Life78.) I'm a room monitor and a forum moderator too. I have been using Firefox for years now. .One of the reason reasons why I volunteer here is because of the friendly up-beat people that help here too. And we all have a common goal, to make the web better and safer for everyone.

See you guys on the forums and chat,

Shawn

Hola! I'm Shawn from New Jersey :) I help with forums and chat. I'm an IRC addict (FF4Life78.) I'm a room monitor and a forum moderator too. I have been using Firefox for years now. .One of the reason reasons why I volunteer here is because of the friendly up-beat people that help here too. And we all have a common goal, to make the web better and safer for everyone. See you guys on the forums and chat, Shawn

Modified by Shawn on

18. Hi, I'm jgross and I help with SUMO.

Hi, I'm jgross and I help with SUMO.

Modified by jgross on

19. Hello ! I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

Edited by a moderator: Removed spam -FF4L
    Hello ! I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy ! <blockquote>Edited by a moderator: Removed spam -FF4L</blockquote>

Modified by larryp7639 on

20. Hi Everybody,

I am George............Newbie here...........This is good experience to discuss in this board.

Thanks,

Moderator edit: Removed Spam -FF4L
    Hi Everybody, I am George............Newbie here...........This is good experience to discuss in this board. Thanks, <blockquote>Moderator edit: Removed Spam -FF4L</blockquote>

Modified by AnonymousUser on

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 11