Mozilla Support में खोजें

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Google search uses https but appears to return undecryped results

  • 2 प्रत्युत्तर
  • 6
  • 5 views
  • के द्वारा अंतिम प्रतियुतर i_m_f

more options

Since upgrading to v14, I find that whenever I type in a google search in the search bar or in the Firefox start page, the results come back as a page of unreadable characters (e.g. a question mark on a black triangle background). I have noticed that the search is using an https address. If I remove the s from the https part of the URL being generated by Firefox from the address bar and hit Enter, it comes back as normal. It looks as though the search is retrieving encrypted results but Firefox is not decrypting the results or not decrypting them properly and just display the encrypted results.

Since upgrading to v14, I find that whenever I type in a google search in the search bar or in the Firefox start page, the results come back as a page of unreadable characters (e.g. a question mark on a black triangle background). I have noticed that the search is using an https address. If I remove the s from the https part of the URL being generated by Firefox from the address bar and hit Enter, it comes back as normal. It looks as though the search is retrieving encrypted results but Firefox is not decrypting the results or not decrypting them properly and just display the encrypted results.

चुने गए समाधान

You can check the network.http.* prefs on the about:config page and reset all bold user set network.http prefs to the default value via the right-click context menu -> Reset.

Check at least:

संदर्भ में यह जवाब पढ़ें 👍 3

All Replies (2)

more options

चयनित समाधान

You can check the network.http.* prefs on the about:config page and reset all bold user set network.http prefs to the default value via the right-click context menu -> Reset.

Check at least:

more options

Brilliant! Many thanks. This has solved the problem. I had to remove an entry from my user.js file to get this to take effect, as changing the setting in about:config only worked for the current session and then it reverted to the old setting on the next startup. I would never have figured this out without your help. Michael.