Knowledge Base discussions

[In KB] Firefox crashes

1. Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly)

I fixed a nested list, added the article description and the summary (see /forums/contributors/704918?#post-8210).

[[Firefox crashes]] I fixed a nested list, added the article description and the summary (see [/forums/contributors/704918?#post-8210]).
  2. I reworded the last sentence of the intro and approved.

After articles are updated for Fx 4, this article is on my list to rewrite to be more helpful: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Support/Goals/2011Q1/KBUpdates#Re-write_Top_Troubleshooting_Articles

I reworded the last sentence of the intro and approved. After articles are updated for Fx 4, this article is on my list to rewrite to be more helpful: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Support/Goals/2011Q1/KBUpdates#Re-write_Top_Troubleshooting_Articles
  3. This article concentrates on helping users find crash signatures so that they can get to a crash-stats report, for example, https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/d623e38e-4e2a-478b-a04a-de06f2110526 Background: /forums/contributors/352185 How we're handling the "crashes" documentation

It doesn't look like new "Crash signature" articles are being created and all of the current "Crash signature" articles, including Crash signature - GraphWalker::DoWalk have now been archived.

When this article is updated to make it more helpful, I think we should change the instructions to simply tell people to post the crash report ID to the forums or chat, instead of telling them to use the "Search Mozilla Support for Help" link on the crash-stats page to find the related Support article.

This article concentrates on helping users find crash signatures so that they can get to a crash-stats report, for example, https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/d623e38e-4e2a-478b-a04a-de06f2110526 Background: [/forums/contributors/352185] How we're handling the "crashes" documentation It doesn't look like new "Crash signature" articles are being created and all of the current "Crash signature" articles, including [/kb/Crash%20signature%20-%20GraphWalker::DoWalk Crash signature - GraphWalker::DoWalk] have now been archived. When this article is updated to make it more helpful, I think we should change the instructions to simply tell people to post the crash report ID to the forums or chat, instead of telling them to use the "Search Mozilla Support for Help" link on the crash-stats page to find the related Support article.

Modified by AliceWyman on

4. Crashes are caused by some extensions, malwares, Internet Security softwares and/or Firefox bugs (in the current version or in out-of-date versions).
    The article must only focus on the way to diagnose:

1. Troubleshoot in Safe Mode. See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems.
    2. Search for malwares. See the content of Websites show a spinning wheel and never finish loading that is better than the one of Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware.
    3. Update Firefox and eventually change the update channel to Beta if is not enough.
    4. Disable temporarily your Internet Security software (not sure if we must talk about that if users forget to enable it after the troubleshooting?) and check for updates.

All the related articles (Firefox crashes when ...) should be removed from the article and archived.

The way to get crash signatures must be at the end of the article in order to get a customized help if the previous steps haven't solved problems.

Crashes are caused by some extensions, malwares, Internet Security softwares and/or Firefox bugs (in the current version or in out-of-date versions).<br>The article must only focus on the way to diagnose: # Troubleshoot in Safe Mode. See [[Troubleshooting extensions and themes]]. # Search for malwares. See the content of [[Firefox never finishes loading certain websites]] that is better than the one of [[Is my Firefox problem a result of malware]]. # Update Firefox and eventually change the update channel to Beta if is not enough. # Disable temporarily your Internet Security software (not sure if we must talk about that if users forget to enable it after the troubleshooting?) and check for updates. All the related articles (Firefox crashes when ...) should be removed from the article and archived. The way to get crash signatures must be at the end of the article in order to get a customized help if the previous steps haven't solved problems.
  5. Locking. New discussion should be posted here: /en-US/kb/Firefox%20crashes/discuss

Locking. New discussion should be posted here: [/en-US/kb/Firefox%20crashes/discuss]