SUMO community discussions

Article Archive

1. As I've been working on updating articles for Fx4 I've been thinking a lot about how many articles we have and whether or not they are all really needed. At the moment, Send plugin crash reports to help Mozilla improve Firefox accounts for 24% of our visits. And the top 50 or so articles account for more than 75%. On the other end, the bottom 160 or so articles only account for 5% of our visits. Some of them get less than 100 views per month.

So I've been thinking that we might do something like come up with an article "archive" where certain article would have a message at the top stating that it was no longer maintained. Maybe we can come up with a way that these would be removed from localization dashboards also.

We can't just "archive" an article because it gets relatively few views. There are other things to consider, like it's impact on the forums or live chat. Cheng and I are going to meet and talk about what a criteria for archiving an article might look like.

The meeting is Thursday, Feb 10 at 11am PST. Feel free to join in or post ideas here. I'll report back afterwards.

Phone call details:

• California: 650-903-0800 then extension 92
    • Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92
    • Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369
    • Skype (free): +18007072533 then password 369

Then, enter the conference number: 435#
    irc.mozilla.org: #sumo

As I've been working on updating articles for Fx4 I've been thinking a lot about how many articles we have and whether or not they are all ''really'' needed. At the moment, [[Plugin crash reports]] accounts for 24% of our visits. And the top 50 or so articles account for more than 75%. On the other end, the bottom 160 or so articles only account for 5% of our visits. Some of them get less than 100 views per month. So I've been thinking that we might do something like come up with an article "archive" where certain article would have a message at the top stating that it was no longer maintained. Maybe we can come up with a way that these would be removed from localization dashboards also. We can't just "archive" an article because it gets relatively few views. There are other things to consider, like it's impact on the forums or live chat. Cheng and I are going to meet and talk about what a criteria for archiving an article might look like. '''The meeting is Thursday, Feb 10 at 11am PST.''' Feel free to join in or post ideas here. I'll report back afterwards. <hr> Phone call details: * California: 650-903-0800 then extension 92 * Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 * Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 * Skype (free): +18007072533 then password 369 Then, enter the conference number: '''435#'''<br> irc.mozilla.org: #sumo
  2. Just to present things so people can think about them before the call:

The advantages to keeping articles:

1. More documentation = less use of forums/livechat
    2. May be linked from elsewhere -- we don't want to break links especially links from other moco sites
    3. Completeness.
    4. Having a buffer in case something does flare up.

The advantages to archiving articles:

1. Less to localize and update -- especially with frequent Firefox releases.
    2. KB is less overwhelming
    3. Old and less-relevant documentation doesn't necessary show up before new and very-relevant forum threads in search.

Things we should discuss:

1. How do we figure out what to archive (and what metrics would cause us to undo that)?
    2. How do we let USERS know an article may be archived and possibly out of date (and point to newer resources if needed)?
    3. How do we let CONTRIBUTORS know an article is archived and not to bother with localization/updates?
    4. How do we handle internal links to that article?
    5. Should we ever archive inproduct articles (for example linked-to from a rare error message)
    6. Should we have different standards for l10n vs maintaining an English version?
    7. How should we indicate an archived article in search results?
    Just to present things so people can think about them before the call: The advantages to keeping articles: # More documentation = less use of forums/livechat # May be linked from elsewhere -- we don't want to break links especially links from other moco sites # Completeness. # Having a buffer in case something does flare up. The advantages to archiving articles: # Less to localize and update -- especially with frequent Firefox releases. # KB is less overwhelming # Old and less-relevant documentation doesn't necessary show up before new and very-relevant forum threads in search. Things we should discuss: # How do we figure out what to archive (and what metrics would cause us to undo that)? # How do we let USERS know an article may be archived and possibly out of date (and point to newer resources if needed)? # How do we let CONTRIBUTORS know an article is archived and not to bother with localization/updates? # How do we handle internal links to that article? # Should we ever archive inproduct articles (for example linked-to from a rare error message) # Should we have different standards for l10n vs maintaining an English version? # How should we indicate an archived article in search results?
  3. What got me thinking about this was just how unsustainable it is to keep adding articles to the KB without ever getting rid of some. And thinking about releasing Firefox 4, 5, 6 and 7 this year, the issue seemed pressing. Of course, growing our community will help but I still think a kind of finite group of more frequently updated articles might be more effective.

What got me thinking about this was just how unsustainable it is to keep adding articles to the KB without ever getting rid of some. And thinking about [https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Roadmap releasing Firefox 4, 5, 6 and 7 this year], the issue seemed pressing. Of course, growing our community will help but I still think a kind of finite group of more frequently updated articles might be more effective.
  4. I really like where this is going. I think we can do this in a way where the "archived" articles are of lesser quality for end users, but are still understandable for contributors. These articles should only be maintained in English and there can always be the option of fixing them up and moving them to the main KB if an issue starts popping up a lot in the forums or live chat.

IMO the articles would be archived, but still findable. Some message sorta like wikipedia's stub article that warns people it's a rare issue and so the article might not be complete or up to date, with a link to the forums/live chat. That way users who are having those problems can still end up on the articles, but are fast-tracked to help. I think this would be a more efficient use of resources than having KB maintainers have to keep them neat and tidy, and having localizers work on them, and in theory it might even mean more articles for live chat and forum helpers to use.

I really like where this is going. I think we can do this in a way where the "archived" articles are of lesser quality for end users, but are still understandable for contributors. These articles should only be maintained in English and there can always be the option of fixing them up and moving them to the main KB if an issue starts popping up a lot in the forums or live chat. IMO the articles would be archived, but still findable. Some message sorta like wikipedia's stub article that warns people it's a rare issue and so the article might not be complete or up to date, with a link to the forums/live chat. That way users who are having those problems can still end up on the articles, but are fast-tracked to help. I ''think'' this would be a more efficient use of resources than having KB maintainers have to keep them neat and tidy, and having localizers work on them, and in theory it might even mean more articles for live chat and forum helpers to use.
  5. I agree with Lucy.

Let's not repeat past mistakes. Even if you want to exclude archived articles from a normal search, they should still be discoverable by anyone who looks hard enough.

I agree with Lucy. Let's not repeat [/forums/contributors/322278 past mistakes]. Even if you want to exclude archived articles from a normal search, they should still be discoverable by anyone who looks hard enough.
  6. Yeah, I guess that's the idea, still having them available, but conveying clearly that they are no longer actively maintained, and might be outdated.

Yeah, I guess that's the idea, still having them available, but conveying clearly that they are no longer actively maintained, and might be outdated.
  7. ... what a criteria for archiving an article might look like.

By decreasing priority: number of visits, redirected articles (before 2.5, number of visits is not null), features that are specific to older versions (n-2 and below, i.e. 3.5, 3.0, 2.0, 1.0 now) (see Clearing private data, for instance), KB out-of-scope (see Uninstalling Internet Explorer), compactness (see Firefox 3 with Screen Readers FAQ as a counter example), partial or full redundancy with other articles (Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) and Avoid crashes - Tips and tricks, for instance), useful vote percentage.

''... what a criteria for archiving an article might look like.'' By decreasing priority: number of visits, redirected articles (before 2.5, number of visits is not null), features that are specific to older versions (n-2 and below, i.e. 3.5, 3.0, 2.0, 1.0 now) (see [[Clearing private data]], for instance), KB out-of-scope (see [[Uninstalling Internet Explorer]]), compactness (see [[Firefox 3 with Screen Readers FAQ]] as a counter example), partial or full redundancy with other articles ([[Firefox crashes]] and [[How to avoid crashes]], for instance), useful vote percentage.
  8. So Cheng and I talked for a little while yesterday. It looks like we have about 375 English articles in Troubleshooting and How to. That's about 70 more than Webtrends turns up. Those 70 get less than 100 visits/month so we thought they're probably good candidates for the archive. Cheng will have to run a script to generate a list of them.

For the bottom half of our articles that webtrends sees (about 5% of our visits), we tried looking at them with these criteria:

1. Keep articles that are linked to from Firefox.
    2. Keep documentation for other products (mobile, sync, home) and Army of Awesome since they can't be expected to compete with Firefox articles for views and are still needed.
    3. Archive old troubleshooting articles. Cheng suggested that a list of troubleshooting articles that get less than 1500 views/month and were older than 6 months are probably obsolete and good candidates for the archive. That turned up a list of 96 articles.
    4. Consider archiving How to articles with low visits that seem either out of scope (e.g. Configuring Trend Micro Internet Security) or just something people don't seem to need help with (e.g. How to make Firefox automatically dial up). . This one is pretty subjective and one that I'm sure everyone will want to discuss. I came up with a list of 27.

There are probably others (I think we have a few different updating/upgrading Firefox articles) but this seemed like a good place to start. This would leave us with a KB of about 200 or so "current" articles.

We talked a little bit about the other questions that Cheng listed above:

1. How do we let USERS know an article may be archived and possibly out of date (and point to newer resources if needed)? We like the idea of a note at the top of the article.
    2. How do we let CONTRIBUTORS know an article is archived and not to bother with localization/updates?

We need some way to make these not show up on localization dashboards. Other than that (and the big note at the top) we didn't discuss anything other than our normal types of communication. Maybe an email notification could be sent when an article's status changed (just like you get when there is a new approved version)?

1. How do we handle internal links to that article? We didn't talk about this. Though I don't think any other thing we talked about would break links or make them work differently.
    2. Should we ever archive inproduct articles (for example linked-to from a rare error message)? We didn't really talk about this. I think we/I might have said maybe.
    3. Should we have different standards for l10n vs maintaining an English version? This seemed like a different discussion.
    4. How should we indicate an archived article in search results? We talked about having them de-prioritized in search results — showing up at the end of the results.

We also talked a little bit about how this could be implemented: We could create a template of the archive message and add it to the articles. We also need some way of identifying the articles internally. We could add a new category called "Archive." This would allow us to add the template automatically and identify the articles for search results. Cheng though that having an Archive category show up in the breadcrumbs was not a great solution. We could just add a field to each article called "archive" that can be checked inside the admin interface. That could provide what we need for search results but I'm not sure if anything could be done with adding the note automatically.

We talked a little about what would cause us to un-archive an article. This seems to be one of those things we'd just have to monitor and use our judgement for. We'd definitely see things like an archive article getting lots of views. Other than that it would have to be a combination of whether we have any current issues that are a re-occurrence of an old issue. For example, we have Firefox takes a long time to start up which used to be Firefox takes several minutes to start up and was about an issue fixed in 3.5.1. The old article would fall into that category of old troubleshooting articles that get less than 1500 visits/month. We know this is still an issue (though due to different causes) so it seems worth it to rewrite the article and keep it active.

So Cheng and I talked for a little while yesterday. It looks like we have about 375 English articles in Troubleshooting and How to. That's about 70 more than Webtrends turns up. Those 70 get less than 100 visits/month so we thought they're probably good candidates for the archive. Cheng will have to run a script to generate a list of them. For the bottom half of our articles that webtrends sees (about 5% of our visits), we tried looking at them with these criteria: # Keep articles that are linked to from Firefox. # Keep documentation for other products (mobile, sync, home) and Army of Awesome since they can't be expected to compete with Firefox articles for views and are still needed. # Archive old troubleshooting articles. Cheng suggested that a list of troubleshooting articles that get less than 1500 views/month and were older than 6 months are probably obsolete and good candidates for the archive. That turned up a list of 96 articles. # Consider archiving How to articles with low visits that seem either out of scope (e.g. [[Configuring Trend Micro Internet Security]]) or just something people don't seem to need help with (e.g. [[How to make Firefox automatically dial up]]). . This one is pretty subjective and one that I'm sure everyone will want to discuss. I came up with a list of 27. There are probably others (I think we have a few different updating/upgrading Firefox articles) but this seemed like a good place to start. This would leave us with a KB of about 200 or so "current" articles. We talked a little bit about the other questions that Cheng listed above: #How do we let USERS know an article may be archived and possibly out of date (and point to newer resources if needed)? We like the idea of a note at the top of the article. #How do we let CONTRIBUTORS know an article is archived and not to bother with localization/updates? We need some way to make these not show up on localization dashboards. Other than that (and the big note at the top) we didn't discuss anything other than our normal types of communication. Maybe an email notification could be sent when an article's status changed (just like you get when there is a new approved version)? #How do we handle internal links to that article? We didn't talk about this. Though I don't think any other thing we talked about would break links or make them work differently. #Should we ever archive inproduct articles (for example linked-to from a rare error message)? We didn't really talk about this. I think we/I might have said maybe. #Should we have different standards for l10n vs maintaining an English version? This seemed like a [https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forums/contributors/704982 different discussion]. #How should we indicate an archived article in search results? We talked about having them de-prioritized in search results — showing up at the end of the results. We also talked a little bit about how this could be implemented: We could create a template of the archive message and add it to the articles. We also need some way of identifying the articles internally. We could add a new category called "Archive." This would allow us to add the template automatically and identify the articles for search results. Cheng though that having an Archive category show up in the breadcrumbs was not a great solution. We could just add a field to each article called "archive" that can be checked inside the admin interface. That could provide what we need for search results but I'm not sure if anything could be done with adding the note automatically. We talked a little about what would cause us to un-archive an article. This seems to be one of those things we'd just have to monitor and use our judgement for. We'd definitely see things like an archive article getting lots of views. Other than that it would have to be a combination of whether we have any current issues that are a re-occurrence of an old issue. For example, we have [[Firefox takes a long time to start up]] which used to be Firefox takes several minutes to start up and was about an issue fixed in 3.5.1. The old article would fall into that category of old troubleshooting articles that get less than 1500 visits/month. We know this is still an issue (though due to different causes) so it seems worth it to rewrite the article and keep it active.
  9. How do we let CONTRIBUTORS know an article is archived and not to bother with localization/updates?
    We need some way to make these not show up on localization dashboards.

How about, in addition to a big note at the top of the archived article, placing those articles in a new Archive category? There should be a way to keep articles in specific categories from showing up in the Dashboard or at least listing them separately.

''How do we let CONTRIBUTORS know an article is archived and not to bother with localization/updates?'' <br> ''We need some way to make these not show up on localization dashboards.'' How about, in addition to a big note at the top of the archived article, placing those articles in a new '''Archive''' category? There should be a way to keep articles in specific categories from showing up in the Dashboard or at least listing them separately.
  10. sounds good to me, the only downside is that an article can only be in one category, so we couldn't distinguish betweem how-to and troubleshooting articles anymore, but maybe that's okay. I would suggest tags actually, but the downside there is that we use tags to create the list of related articles, and that would be even wore for this.

Maybe that could be a checkbox to check though, like
    archive [x]

sounds good to me, the only downside is that an article can only be in one category, so we couldn't distinguish betweem how-to and troubleshooting articles anymore, but maybe that's okay. I would suggest tags actually, but the downside there is that we use tags to create the list of related articles, and that would be even wore for this. Maybe that could be a checkbox to check though, like <br> archive [x]

Modified by Kadir Topal on

11. ... troubleshooting articles that get less than 1500 views/month .../... How to articles with low visits...

To do that, article views should reflect what people look for. This is not the case for some articles. Reasons are explained in https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forums/contributors/704918 and are reminded below:

• no synomyms in keywords,
    • no keywords appropriate to a topic,
    • no summary (lot of occurrences of search terms in articles that hide the searched article).

Maybe that could be a checkbox to check though, like archive [x]

You can reuse the fx3 check box in the article description for that, now that the fx3 support is dropped.

''... troubleshooting articles that get less than 1500 views/month .../... How to articles with low visits...'' To do that, article views should reflect what people look for. This is not the case for some articles. Reasons are explained in https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forums/contributors/704918 and are reminded below: * no synomyms in keywords, * no keywords appropriate to a topic, * no summary (lot of occurrences of search terms in articles that hide the searched article). ''Maybe that could be a checkbox to check though, like archive [x] '' You can reuse the fx3 check box in the article description for that, now that the fx3 support is dropped.
  12. Maybe that could be a checkbox to check though, like archive [x]

This is preferable to either a tag or a category, from our point of view.

<blockquote>Maybe that could be a checkbox to check though, like archive [x] </blockquote> This is preferable to either a tag or a category, from our point of view.
  13. James, would it be difficult to add the archive checkbox to the admin interface (so we can check multiple ones at the same time), automatically add a message to the top of all archive articles (similar to the hasn't been translated message) and exclude these articles from dashboards?

James, would it be difficult to add the archive checkbox to the admin interface (so we can check multiple ones at the same time), automatically add a message to the top of all archive articles (similar to the hasn't been translated message) and exclude these articles from dashboards?
  14. James, would it be difficult to add the archive checkbox to the admin interface (so we can check multiple ones at the same time)

I'd need to look into that. It's either easy or basically impossible.

automatically add a message to the top of all archive articles (similar to the hasn't been translated message)

Fairly simple, yeah.

exclude these articles from dashboards?

Doable but more complex.

<blockquote>James, would it be difficult to add the archive checkbox to the admin interface (so we can check multiple ones at the same time)</blockquote> I'd need to look into that. It's either easy or basically impossible. <blockquote>automatically add a message to the top of all archive articles (similar to the hasn't been translated message)</blockquote> Fairly simple, yeah. <blockquote>exclude these articles from dashboards?</blockquote> Doable but more complex.
  15. See required actions before starting to archive articles: /forums/contributors/704981#post-8876.

See required actions before starting to archive articles: [/forums/contributors/704981#post-8876].
  16. Is there a status update on this? What is the next step?

Is there a status update on this? What is the next step?
  17. It's planned for this quarter but isn't scheduled yet. I filed a bug for it this morning https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=651851

It's planned for this quarter but isn't scheduled yet. I filed a bug for it this morning https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=651851
  18. Thanks

Thanks
  19. Should we should continue to update, review and approve KB articles when they need changes, such as updating for Firefox 4 and correcting bad information, even if the article has a low view count? Is "less than 1,000 visits a week" a good indicator that an article is a likely archive candidate? Less than 500?

I've just gone through the past few pages of the KB articles forum and "bumped" a number of threads for articles with old revisions pending review. (There are probably more revisions that don't have KB article threads.) It's discouraging to contributors when their revisions sit for weeks (or months) and I'm wondering if no action is being taken on some articles because they are possibe archive candidates.

Should we should continue to update, review and approve KB articles when they need changes, such as updating for Firefox 4 and correcting bad information, even if the article has a low view count? Is "less than 1,000 visits a week" a good indicator that an article is a likely archive candidate? Less than 500? I've just gone through the past few pages of the [/forums/knowledge-base-articles KB articles] forum and "bumped" a number of threads for articles with old revisions pending review. (There are probably more revisions that don't have KB article threads.) It's discouraging to contributors when their revisions sit for weeks (or months) and I'm wondering if no action is being taken on some articles because they are possibe archive candidates.

Modified by AliceWyman on

20. Related topic: /forums/contributors/706076?last=30322

Quote (scoobidiver):
    Even it is not fully related, they are still lots of articles with the fx35 tag (and sometimes fx3) where it means "not fx3" ("not fx2" for the fx3 tag) and, as a consequence, the section is not displayed for fx4 although it should. I started to edit some articles in that case, but without any approval, I stopped. Examples : Firefox says it's just updated every time it starts - how to fix, Control whether Firefox automatically fills in forms, Tab preferences and settings
    Quote (Verdi):
    Yes there are lots of fixes and deleting of fx3 tags. Here's a list of all of the English articles still using fx3: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=651220#c1

But before we change all of those, I'd like to determine which ones should/will get archived so we can skip updating those.

This is a list of en-US articles as of April 19 copied from the bug report (some have pending revisions, a couple have been updated).

Accessibility features in Firefox - Make Firefox and web content work for all users
    Block websites from storing cookies and site data in Firefox - revision pending
    Bookmarks and toolbar buttons not working after upgrading - Archive? see /forums/knowledge-base-articles/705494 
    Can't add, change or save bookmarks - How to fix
    Bookmarks Toolbar - Display your favorite websites at the top of the Firefox window
    Cannot clear Location bar history
    Fix login issues on websites that require a username and password
    Certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate
    Change the program used to open email links
    Chrome registration failed
    Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox
    Remove websites from the address bar suggestions
    Clearing private data
    Closing the only tab closes the window
    Crash signature - memmove
    Clear cookies and site data in Firefox  
    Third-party cookies and Firefox tracking protection
    Downloads window is blank
    Enhanced Tracking Protection in Firefox for desktop
    Exporting data to SeaMonkey
    Enable SSL to fix the Firefox cannot connect securely error message
    Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly)
    Firefox crashes when downloaded files are checked by virus scan
    Firefox crashes when you open it
    How do I restore my tabs from last time?
    Firefox hangs or is not responding - How to fix
    Firefox says it's just updated every time it starts - how to fix - revision approved Apr 28, 2011
    "Firefox is already running but is not responding" error - How to fix
    Firefox repeatedly opens empty tabs or windows after you click on a link
    How to stop Firefox from making automatic connections
    Control whether Firefox automatically fills in forms - revision approved Apr 28, 2011
    Firefox doesn't save web form entries
    How to clear the Firefox cache
    Fix problems that cause images to not show
    Importing bookmarks and other data from Netscape
    Import Bookmarks from an HTML file
    Live Bookmarks - Subscribe to a web page for news and updates - revision pending. See /knowledge-base-articles/705092 for other needed updates.
    Recover lost or missing Bookmarks
    Menu Reference
    Missing vertical scroll bar
    Advanced panel - Accessibility, browsing, network, updates, and other advanced settings in Firefox 
    Settings for web content, pop-ups, fonts, and languages  
    Options window - Feeds panel 
    Settings for privacy, browsing history and do-not-track
    Tab preferences and settings - revision approved May 1, 2011 
    Firefox Page Info window 
    Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history - revision pending
    Fix problems with Facebook games, chat and more
    Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode
    Search bar - add, change and manage search engines on Firefox
    Use popular search suggestions in the Firefox Search bar
    Restore previous session - Configure when Firefox shows your most recent tabs and windows 
    Template:Open Add-ons /kb/templateopen-add-ons
    Template:optionspreferences /kb/Template:optionspreferences
    Font size and zoom - increase the size of web pages
    Fix "The bookmarks and history system will not be functional" error message
    The OCSP server has no status for the certificate
    The protocol is not associated with any program
    Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
    What to do if you can't download or save files
    Update Firefox to the latest release
    Usernames and passwords are not saved
    Websites look wrong or appear differently than they should - revision pending
    Will Firefox work on Snow Leopard

So, which if any of these should/will get archived? Should any pending revisions be approved or rejected? Should a new thread be started in the KB articles forum for updating the rest?

Related topic: [/forums/contributors/706076?last=30322]<br> '''Quote (scoobidiver):''' <blockquote>Even it is not fully related, they are still lots of articles with the fx35 tag (and sometimes fx3) where it means "not fx3" ("not fx2" for the fx3 tag) and, as a consequence, the section is not displayed for fx4 although it should. I started to edit some articles in that case, but without any approval, I stopped. Examples : [[Firefox has just updated tab shows each time you start Firefox]], [[Form autocomplete]], [[Options window - Tabs panel]]</blockquote> '''Quote (Verdi):''' <blockquote>Yes there are lots of fixes and deleting of fx3 tags. Here's a list of all of the English articles still using fx3: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=651220#c1 <br><br> But before we change all of those, I'd like to determine which ones should/will get archived so we can skip updating those. </blockquote> This is a list of en-US articles as of April 19 copied from the bug report (some have pending revisions, a couple have been updated). [[Accessibility]] [[Blocking cookies]] - revision pending [[Bookmarks and toolbar buttons not working after upgrading]] - Archive? see [/forums/knowledge-base-articles/705494] [[Bookmarks not saved]] [[Bookmarks Toolbar]] [[Cannot clear Location bar history]] [[Cannot log in to websites]] [[Certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate]] [[Changing the e-mail program used by Firefox]] [[Chrome registration failed]] [[Clear Recent History]] [[Clearing Location bar history]] [[Clearing private data]] [[Closing the only tab closes the window]] [[Crash signature - memmove]] [[Deleting cookies]] [[Disabling third party cookies]] [[Downloads window is blank]] [[Enabling and disabling cookies]] [[Exporting data to SeaMonkey]] [[Firefox cannot connect securely because the SSL protocol is disabled]] [[Firefox crashes when loading certain pages]] [[Firefox crashes when trying to download a file]] [[Firefox crashes when you open it]] [[Firefox does not ask to save tabs and windows on exit]] [[Firefox hangs]] [[Firefox has just updated tab shows each time you start Firefox]] - revision approved Apr 28, 2011 [[Firefox is already running but is not responding]] [[Firefox keeps opening many tabs or windows]] [[Firefox makes unrequested connections]] [[Form autocomplete]] - revision approved Apr 28, 2011 [[Form autocomplete entries are not saved]] [[How to clear the cache]] [[Images or animations do not show]] [[Importing bookmarks and other data from Netscape]] [[Importing Bookmarks from an HTML File]] [[Live Bookmarks]] - revision pending. See [/knowledge-base-articles/705092] for other needed updates. [[Lost Bookmarks]] [[Menu Reference]] [[Missing vertical scroll bar]] [[Options window - Advanced panel]] [[Options window - Content panel]] [[Options window - Feeds panel]] [[Options window - Privacy panel]] [[Options window - Tabs panel]] - revision approved May 1, 2011 [[Page Info window]] [[Private Browsing]] - revision pending [[Problems using Facebook in Firefox]] [[Safe Mode]] [[Search bar]] [[Search suggestions]] [[Session Restore]] Template:Open Add-ons [/kb/templateopen-add-ons] Template:optionspreferences [/kb/Template:optionspreferences] [[Text Zoom]] [[The bookmarks and history system will not be functional]] [[The OCSP server has no status for the certificate]] [[The protocol is not associated with any program]] [[Troubleshooting plugins]] [[Unable to download or save files]] [[Updating Firefox]] [[Username and password not remembered]] [[Websites look wrong]] - revision pending [[Will Firefox work on Snow Leopard]] So, which if any of these should/will get archived? Should any pending revisions be approved or rejected? Should a new thread be started in the KB articles forum for updating the rest?

Modified by AliceWyman on

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6