SUMO community discussions

Chemspill Firefox 3.6.6 this weekend

1. We're pushing out 3.6.6 as a chemspill (emergency) release as soon as it gets built and QAed to address the issue with Firefox crashes on Farmville and other complex flash pages. The only thing it does is increase the default dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs to 45 rather than 10. This should address the majority of cases where we see Flash hangs/crashes that weren't there before.

I plan on updating Adobe Flash plugin has crashed - Prevent it from happening again and say up the number to 90 to catch the remaining cases.

As with all chemspills, we're going to see the usual "why am I seeing all these Firefox updates" and "my 3.6.4 bug wasn't fixed even in this release" users as well as a "what happened to 3.6.5" so be prepared for incoming.

The answer to the last question is "the internal 3.6.5 version number was used by the Firefox mobile team." (Mobile Firefox 1.1 is gecko 1.9.2.5 so we had to use 1.9.2.6 for this fix.)

We're pushing out 3.6.6 as a chemspill (emergency) release as soon as it gets built and QAed to address the issue with Firefox crashes on Farmville and other complex flash pages. The only thing it does is increase the default '''dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs''' to '''45''' rather than 10. This should address the majority of cases where we see Flash hangs/crashes that weren't there before. I plan on updating [[The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed]] and say up the number to 90 to catch the remaining cases. As with all chemspills, we're going to see the usual "why am I seeing all these Firefox updates" and "my 3.6.4 bug wasn't fixed even in this release" users as well as a "what happened to 3.6.5" so be prepared for incoming. The answer to the last question is "the internal 3.6.5 version number was used by the Firefox mobile team." (Mobile Firefox 1.1 is gecko 1.9.2.5 so we had to use 1.9.2.6 for this fix.)
  2. Cww,

Thanks for the news.

We have had many requests for help (Windows users, no Linux) on the Mozilla Italia support forum after the Firefox 3.6.4 release.

Michele (SUMO IT localization and approver / community support )

Cww, Thanks for the news. We have had many requests for help (Windows users, no Linux) on the Mozilla Italia support forum after the Firefox 3.6.4 release. Michele (SUMO IT localization and approver / community support )

Modified by Michele Rodaro on

3. And it just went live!

And it just went live!